Generator fumes kill two FUTO students preparing for a test, leave one hospitalized

Two students of Federal University of Technology (FUTO), Owerri, Imo State, were on Thursday, March 4, reportedly suffocated to death by fumes from their generator.

Udeagbala Kenechukwu and Anene Stephen Nzube, both 200level students of department of civil engineering, were found dead in their hostel room at Jabulani Lodge, Eziobodo. Their friend, Fred, who had come over for night reading in preparation for their test and forth coming exams next week, is said to be in critical condition at the school’s medical center.

According to a source, the lifeless bodies of the deceased were discovered on Thursday evening, after they didn’t show up for test.

“They were last seen on Wednesday, March 3. Occupants of the hostel where the victims reside said it was the carbon monoxide from their generator that killed them. The generator was producing lots of smokes and was positioned towards their door at their balcony,” the source said. [Swipe for GRAPHIC Content]

LIVE OFFLINE
track image
Loading...